Saturday, April 14, 2007

Time once more

My how the time flies! I swear just yesterday I was driving for the first time.It all happens so fast....where does it all go? I remember March 6th 2002 I had graduated from high school.One month later I was being picked up ,and taken to the airport to go to boot camp the rest is history.Although I got back from Iraq a year ago it feels like an eternity ago.

I volunteered to go back to Iraq this summer.I didnt know at the time my job I would be doing.I was hoping to get into a small unit that I could just run convoys with everyday.I kind of got my wish....I am now in charge of a Battalion Aid Station for a Combat Logistics Battalion.There is one person over me ,but I still am in charge of getting everything done and putting people where they need to go.I have to teach them most of their duties,because all save 4 are all straight out of a hospital.They are good Corpsmen ,but they need to learn that the Marines do nothing the "Navy" way.

People say everything happens for a reason.I dont know if I honestly believe that.I had to choose where each person would go...which company they would go with.If something hapens to any of them...is it on me or did it happen for a reason? I am learning how to cope with myself if something were to happen.Coming home to their family and letting them know that they were the finest sailors I had ever served with.I have a few months before I go I will keep you guys updated ass much as I can.

These next few months are gonna fly by...I am gonna wake up in what will feel like tomorrow except I will be in Iraq somewhere.

2 comments:

Becky (So Very Blessed) said...

I've said it before and I will continue to say it for the rest of my life - you're my hero. I am more proud of you than you will ever know. Really. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes for just a second. I love and respect and admire you for everything that you are and everything that you will become. Thank you for serving for our freedom.

Cathyl said...

Daniel, I just discovered your blog hidden in Becky's. Thanks for making the effort and keep it coming! I have a vested interest, you might say, in keeping up with you and learning more about you. Our options are limited at the moment; I wish we could squeeze in a trip your way, and pray that you still might get a chance to head back our way! Until then, know that I am praying for you and your relationship...
Becky's mom